Monday, February 20, 2012

Post Valentines, Pre Lent Life in General, and photo madness!

With March on the Horizon, there is much to prepare for in the upcoming spring!

Valentine's Day is most commonly known as a day to shower each other with gifts and love. But why not have that everyday. Possibly not the gifts part, as this can be pricey, but more giving the love. There is not enough love in this world, and on that note, I would like to extend my I love you out to my Soul Mate.

Often times, people are only celebrated on special occasions such as birthdays, weddings ect. I want you to know that I celebrate you everyday. 

Isn't he a hunk?

The Saturday prior to V-day, we set out to Lion's Breath Yoga for a couples class in Acro Yoga technique...what is acro yoga you ask?
~AcroYoga blends the spiritual wisdom of yoga, the loving kindness of Thai massage, and the dynamic power of Acrobatics. These three ancient lineages form this practice that cultivates trust, connection and playfulness~
Definitely something we are going to keep doing. As both beginners within acro, we started at the same ground level of expertise- this is very important for two alphas :) I completely recommend this class for you lovebirds out there as it not only is something active, but good for the spirit.

We went to the Harvest room at the Hotel MacDonald later that evening for an AMAZING dinner. Of course, who goes to the Hotel Mac and does not explore???? We found a pretty amazing photo opportunity in the upstairs area while looking at different parties to crash (after all it was a Saturday).
Two Star Crossed Lovers
Pre Lent Preparation....
With the weekend almost over, I would have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed it. In order to prepare for the 40 day challenge of having no processed foods or alcohol (except for the odd glass of red), both Friday and Saturday were full of lots of wine, spirits and mini eggs. Although completely rewarding and indulgent, I can't believe there are people out there that follow this lifestyle all the time. I am paying for this in more ways than one and my body is ready to get back on track. 
I decided to start off with doing the 12 day wild rose cleanse in order to detoxify. The Wild Rose Cleanse is a herbal supplemented 12 day cleanse that requires you to go without any flours, mushrooms, peanuts and soya sauce specifically, and everything else that is bad for you. The kit is not that expensive, and you can get it from most grocery stores or health food stores. I've done this cleanse before, I know what I'm up against. The first 3 days are the hardest, as  your body works to clean out all the processed gunk that sticks around in your colon. Your skin becomes more oily, and some breakouts are expected. The nastiness clears around day 4, I generally feel leaner, tighter, and my skin actually glows!

As for the physical component: I haven't been completely strict with my workouts, but I have excelled in the yoga. Yoga is going to increase from 1-2 days and weights will continue 2-3 days per week as well as the occasional jont in the river valley (weather permitting). 

What to expect in March's Blog
1. DIY
2. Music Compilation
3. Recipes
4. Photo's!


No comments:

Post a Comment